We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

We are trying to decide on a trip for the family. My 22 yo son and 20 yo daughter would like to learn to surf. We also have a 16 yo daughter and she would like to be close to town shopping and eating establishments. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to stay? I've heard the Pacific side has the best waves. My husband just needs to catch up on his rest but I like eco tours. Thanks!

Del Soul Surf School
Sports Camps & Clinics, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Tortuga Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Dante's Water Sports
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Costa Rica Surf Camp
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Well many options...two of them...Dominical at Central Pacific about 3.5 hours ride from SJO...check Tikivillas great place...also around there Manuel Antonio..National Park...everything you are loking for and even more...

At the Northern Pacific side of our country...Tamarindo beach...a lot of great places to stay!

For Dominical and Uvita and Manul Antonio better to fly to SJO...

For Tamarindo and other Guanacaste beaches LIR airport is the place!

roadadvisor

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Thank you so much! Do you know anything about the tamarindo area? It looks like a good place for surfing and nightlife for the young adults. I know my kids are going to want to make friends and go out in the evening.

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Tamarindo would be the place to go for great surfing snd night life in my country. Maybe you can combine a couple of nights in the arenal volcano ares gor great eco and active tours and the rest in tamarindo

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Another vote for Tamarindo it is great for surfing and it has great night life. Your kids will love it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Julia thank you for asking ...yes Tamarindo is a great beach as well and good for surfing...during Xmas you can wlak to Playa Grande or drive there to try to see the huge turtles arrivals at night...they start arriving around that time of the year...that is a most to see!

roadadvisor

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

Thank you all! I think we have definitely settled on Tamarindo. Now trying to decide where to stay. Our goals are: Beach, Surf, Deep Sea fishing, Nightlife, Eco-tourism/sea turtles/natural habitats for wildlife, and maybe some scuba diving. Hotels and B&B's are great but any VRBO suggestions are welcome as well. Capitan Suizo is booked for our dates so any other ideas? You guys are so very helpful! (I may need to post this on the Tamarindo forum?)

7. Re: Christmas trip with Family-Where to stay for surfing and fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:16