We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Berkeley Heights...
Level Contributor
229 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Anyone have any recent weather updates? I know it's unpredictable and weather reports will always say daily rain showers, but is anyone there now or recently have any info for me about temps and rain? Is there any sun throughout the day between showers? Temps look to be in upper 70's, is that correct? We will b staying near Manuel Antonio for a few days, then Arenal. Thanks for any info!

Mentioned in this post
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
899 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

There has been rain just about everyday and some thunder storms at night (actually pretty amazing light show). Rain starts about 2PM, goes for about an hour then clears . Right now sunny, hazy, warm, a little humid..just about text book for this time of year. Have a great holiday.

Berkeley Heights...
Level Contributor
229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Thanks! Sounds like what I expected. I will ignore all weather forecasts and enjoy the afternoon showers. What temperature can we expect? 80's?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Oh yah, 80's at least, and definitely some humidity. Goes like this, nice sunrise, comfortable, brief wind around 8, then nothing, heat rises, then nice breeze starts around 10:30, a little relief, then the haze, clouds, the rains, and a decent afternoon evening. Tomorrow?..repeat.

Berkeley Heights...
Level Contributor
229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Sounds good to me. I like a little late afternoon nap before dinner anyway!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

Wait until you hear the howler monkeys in the morning, as well as roosters at 3:30! You will be glad to have an afternoon nap, but plan a visit to Barba Rojas in MA (lots of ex-pats go there) or Wacky Wandas in Quepos to exchange travel stories. Cafe Milagro in MA and Quepos for a nice afternoon coffee and home made banana bread and much...much more to do while you are there. What was that lyric..."I can sleep when I die"? CR has too much to do and see, enjoy your holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Quepos
Quepos
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,595 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

I drove this morning to Manuel Antonio...GREAT WEATHER...my cliente toll me that the last 3 nights they have some nice rain...but nice during the day...as we drove out this morning was very nice...HOT!

Another driver that drove to Arenal today at 4:15Pm toll me that weather was incredible nice and dry...very much summer like...!

Very much as we natives love...nice and hot!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
899 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
7. Re: Weather, Quepos/Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:17