We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica

Brentwood...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica

We are headed to CR in 1/13. We have 10 days and are hoping for some ideas on where to go, what to do. Please help. J

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica

what sorts of thing do you like? are beaches important? do you like adventure type activities? hiking? or do you want low key? like nature?

NY
Level Contributor
780 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica

Hi Jennifer B,

I wish we had 10 days for my Costa Rica trip and where you go does depend on what interests you. We spent our time in Arenal and Monteverde. In Arenal, we went on the volcano hike, sky tram, and took advantage of the 2 day pass at The Springs Resort and Spa where we could do most things that hotel guests can do including the hot springs. In Monteverde, we spent time shopping in the downtown area, went on the Hidden Valley Night tour, Hanging Bridges, Reptile Gardens, Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardens, and El Trapiche Coffee and Sugar Cane tour. We also did souvenir shopping in Sarchi. I should note going from Arenal to Monteverde is a van/boat/van transfer and the ride after the boat is quite bumpy.

I recommend those areas but other places you may want to include are Guancastle, Tortuguero, or Manuel Antonio. There are many companies that can help you plan a trip. I ended up using www.anywherecostarica.com and you can get recommendations on this forum as well for other helpful companies.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

travelus73

Brentwood...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica

Thank you so much for the help. I will post after the trip to let you know how it goes. J

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica

For beaches...Guanacaste...

For Volcanos...Rincon de la Vieja also in Guanacaste and Arenal en Alajuela...

The Caribbean side of the country offer some incredible places...like Sarapiqui to see wild life mostly birds...and Tortuguero...great number of canals...to travel by boat!

roadadvisor

Brentwood...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica

I think a bit of everything. Bird watching, hiking, beaches, maybe try something adventurous. The volcanos, rain forest. We are up for it. Any suggestions as to how to best spend the time we have is much appreciated. J

6. Re: Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:16