We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

Oakland, California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

I want to travel during the late November, and we won't have a car. Is there any recommendation on lodging, and food that someone can offer? I keep reading all these things, but I am not sure of the distances between towns, and if I need a car or not. Help! Please, and thank you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

Maybe check Barcelo Playa Langosta by Tamarindo beach...nice small AI...good location...and you can stay there without a car!

From Playa Langost by the beach...walking ...about 30 minutes...taxi ride maybe $ 7.00 each way!

roadadivsor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

There are plenty of Guanacaste beach towns that are available to you and would mean you could enjoy the area without a car or needing to go AI, unless this is really what you're looking for. Have a look at Samara and Tamarindo to begin with and you'll see what I mean. You can stay within walking distance of the town itself (or bike) and find your own way around. A shuttle or the regular bus service can take you to either place fairly easily.

Good luck planning and do return with your next questions!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

IMO skip the All inclusive, and go for the rental car. The best places in CR are the smaller hotels and eco lodges, we do not have too many All Inclusives to choose from in the first place.

Renting a car is the best way to experience Costa Rica IMO. Do more, see more, save money over private transfers, and save on some tours too.

IMO go for 2 locations, Arenal and the beach is typical for first timers but you could also stay up in Gunacaste on the coast and visit Rincon de la Vieja instead, good alternative to Arenal Volcano.

Cheers

4. Re: All inclusive or on our won in the Guanacaste Region.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16