We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Costa Rica for 10 days beginning this August 24 to September 2. We're starting our trip by driving to Arenal (Nayara Hotel) and then Santa Teresa. For the final leg of our trip we're now debating between going to Tamarindo and staying at Hotel Capitan Suizo or Playa Flamingo (maybe Flamingo Beach Resort). Any advice for us?

A little about us, we're in our early 30s, from NYC, and looking for a quiet place to relax with good food options and activities.

Thanks all for your time and suggestions in advance!

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

IMO I would choose Suizo and there will be more food and activity options in Tamarindo. Suizo is just outside of the center of town so if you want to relax you can do that too.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

I will choose Tamarindo in your case...many good options to stay...!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

Ditto to the above comments. In all honesty, the Tamarindo area has many more restaurants and activities than Flamingo. Flamingo is nice for a day or so, but there really aren't too many options there.

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

Thanks all for your advice!

5. Re: Tamarindo or Playa Flamingo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:17