We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

I've been researching for a few days and not really sure which area is best.

We'd like a 3/4/5 star all inclusive on the beach but I'd also like a lot of options to see wildlife, go snorkelling and see the best scenery. Now here's the catch, I have M.E and can't walk very far and my partner gets sea sickness.

What I need is a place where I can go on excursions that aren't too tiring and areas for snorkelling which don't require access by boat! Which is why location is so important. If I'm nearby to everything all the better for me and her.

virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/…hotels.aspx

I've been looking here but unfortunately prices for next season aren't up yet. We will be travelling for 2 weeks between late july and the end of august. I'm not too bothered about travelling in the wet season as long as it's only wet in the evenings!

I know it's almost a year away but I love my travelling!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

To find All Inclusive resorts and hotels you should go to the Pacific coast. Many of them are located in the north in Guanacaste where you find beautiful beaches and probably places for snorkeling from the beach BUT the area is very dry and maybe not so nice to see a lot of wildlife. Maybe Manuel Antonio could be an option for you. There are nice beaches, hotels, restaurants and the national park which is very easy to access and where you could see monkeys sloths and so on.

My personal opinion: I love the caribbean coast. It has beautiful beaches, best options for snorkeling for example in Cahuita or Manzanillo and there is a lot of tropical forest where you can see many animals. The only problem: there are not many hotels that offer All Inclusive.

Maybe somebody has done this and could recommend a hotel or resort?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

Guanacaste has options for AI, the nicest ones Westin and Hilton Papagayo. But if you stay for 2 weeks in an AI you will end up crazy of boredom.

Maybe a combination of a trip around the country to see what Costa Rica is about and at the end 4 days in an AI.

For example 1 day in the Central Valley, 2 days in the south Caribbean, 2 days in Tortuguero, 2 days in Arenal, 2 days in Monteverde , 2 days in Rincon de la Vieja and end with 4 days at Westin to rest from the great trip around the country. Fly in San Jose out Liberia.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

I am with Adrenatura and jose.b all the way...both are giving you great advice...

I will spend some time Caribbean...check Tortuguero...nice area to do some tours...and most of them by boat...you will see a lot...and with your M.E ...that will work very well...most of the boat rides are kind of short...to get to Tortuguero you can even fly from SAn Jose...easy short flight..

Great area in Guanacaste Hotel HAcienda Guachipelin by Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...incredible number of soft adventure tours ...and the good news is that you do not have to move to far from Hacienda Guachiplein...everything very close...and they offer some great rooms...I recently stayed there in a very nice suite...large and great simple but nice decor and the whole hotel big ranch ambiance is there..t!

roadadvisor

4. Re: Not sure where in Costa Rica to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:17