We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family New Years trip - best beach?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Family New Years trip - best beach?

We are 2 families with teenagers looking for a beach hotel to stay in for New Year's. Most of the places I have searched are booked. Wondering which beach area is the best? The new Riu Palace is supposed to be open by then, but I really don't want to go to Costa Rica to stay in a huge all inclusive palace. Looking for something 4 stars plus but with a local feel. Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family New Years trip - best beach?

RIU no the best AI in Costa Rica...no good place at all...fake maybe nice in Las Vegas no for OUR country...plus many more enviromental issues...

I have not stayed there but I own a little place in a near by beach...and I knwo the place very well...Matapalo beach was a great beach without that atrocity to bad tatste..

Good for you Costa Rica is better in a regular hotel ...BUT..

You can try CALA LUNA around Langosta at Tamarindo Beach...is not a AI but very nice...for a small AI around that part of MY country...Barcelo Playa Langosta...small AI but again great location...kids will love Tamarindo. and Langosta beach..

Of course the best AI in OUR country WESTIN PLAYA CONCHAL the best luxury AI by far in Costa Rica.

You can try Tamarindo Diria great location...

roadadvisor

Native Pride

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family New Years trip - best beach?

As you mentioned many places are already booked. Try the Flamingo Beach Resort, Casa Conde del Mar. For all inclusives the Riu Guanacaste , The Riu Palace, The Westin Playa Conchal, Hilton Papagayo.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family New Years trip - best beach?

or you can rent a house to in conchal area in reserva conchal nice beach for kids and exelent place,

http://www.guanacastevacationhomes.com/

good options of house

try hilton papagayo,westin playa conchal but I think most all locations are reserved

4. Re: Family New Years trip - best beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:15