We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grayline 2 week bus pass

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grayline 2 week bus pass

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Costa Rica in mid. November for around 15-16 days.I dont want to drive and was thinking the best option might be a Grayline 2 week bus pass.Here is a rough guide of my plans.Fly into San Jose and stay a couple of days,whilst there do a day trip to Manuel Antonio national park.Then move on up and stay in the Arenal area for 5-7 days.From there do day trips to the volcano,Monteverde,Cano Negro and Palo Verde.Then move onto the south coast to relax,then head back to San Jose to fly out.

I would like to know if anyone has used one of the 2 week bus passes,their opinions,how does it work etc.

Thanks

David

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grayline 2 week bus pass

I would tweak your plans some. I would not stay in San Jose and do a day trip to Manuel Antonio, nor a day trip to Monteverde from Arenal.

I would spend your first night in San Jose, then spend 3 nights in MA, transfer to Monteverde for another 3 nights, then the taxi/boat transfer to Arenal, then 3-4 nights down on one of the South beaches, such as Puerto Viejo. Then 1 one final night in San Jose before flying home.

I would also look inter Interbus for transfers instead. They are very reliable and may be a bit cheaper than Grayline. Most of their transfers are in the $45 range and they often have specials if you book 2-3 transfers with them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grayline 2 week bus pass

Grayline offer s a great service and the 2 week pass seems a great way to save money. Interbus also has some offers. From Arenal you can do Caño Negro for a day trip but Monteverde is too far to do it as a one day tour (over a 3 hour drive each way going on the land boat transfer), do one or 2 nights in Monteverde to enjoy the area and use your pass to save on transportation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grayline 2 week bus pass

Go for it...Grayline great proffesional company...and great idea dealt direct with services providers...some huge sharks looking for your booking commisions...and they can swim away with your money!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grayline 2 week bus pass

Grayline uses a van style shuttle system, not a bus for 50+ assengers. The only restriction is space on the vehicle, if you want to go to MA, and the shuttle is full, they won't bump off a passenger to honour your pass, but generally speaking, you can find a shuttle most days (weekends could be tricky) The all u can travel pass should work good, but you will do a lot of road miles and take time from your enjoyment of a place. Jump a shuttle, test it out, and keep your options open. As to sharks...never met one on land...but some look for the worst in people...Have a great trip, and

THANK YOU for planning to come and visit

OUR beautiful country.

5. Re: Grayline 2 week bus pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:15