We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Thanks to Nikki and all her help for making our honeymoon a dream come true!

We contacted Pura Vida! Eh? in Jan 2012 for our honeymoon in July 2012 and they were with us every step of the way. Nikki was amazingly detailed, gracious and insightful - she even gave us the awesome idea of a "Honeymoon Registry" instead of a typical "Gift registry", where our guests could purchase various aspects of our itinerary for us She created the website for us and everything. . All our guests loved it, said how easy it was, and commented on Nikki's fantastic service.

From the moment we landed in Costa Rica, things were just perfect. Every thing Nikki booked for us was on time, fun, safe, had great staff, very hospitable and gave us an incredible experience. She even recommended fantastic restaurants, and local spots for us.

She provided us with discounts to the best hotels, spas, restaurants and gift shops - which saved us quite a bit. And organized every detailed allowing us to have an adventurous, relaxing AND romantic honeymoon.

Best of all, their service is Free...that's right..Free! And they make a donation on your behalf to some great organizations at the end your trip.

We had a blast working with them, and highly recommend. Definitely check them out before going to Costa Rica.

Pura Vida!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

I am really sorry if this is a real post, but it is highly suspicious that just about everyday somebody with no prior posts, posts something about this company.

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Hi, my name is Shaun Jansen - and this is a real post. I am not sure why this happens so often. I use trip advisor extensively to plan my trip to Costa Rica, and as a first time reviewer i started reviewing Pura Vida first - you will find my other reviews on now for some other locations we were at.

We really did enjoy our experience with Pura Vida Inc, and I hope you allow this post as they do deserve people to know how great their service is.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at shaunjansen@rogers.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Hi Shaun,

Welcome to the Costa Rica Forum and congratulations on your recent marriage. Glad you had a great trip to Costa Rica.

However please take note of explorinCA's post. Perhaps we have become cynical here on TA - but one dimensional posts like yours do raise red flags around here.

The thing about your post is that here in the forum, people have become very suspicious of "one hit wonders". Your current "modus opperandi" could end up doing Pura Vida! Eh more harm than good. (People may remember them as the agency that tried to spam the forum - even if it is not true. )

This is your first post. It reads like a press advertisement and really tell us nothing about Costa Rica.. People will give more credence to the reliability such information if you contribute to the forum.

For example - if you told us more about your trip to Costa Rica in a trip report or offered information by replying to people's questions.... What impressed you on your trip besides the agency? Where did you stay? Where did you eat... What would you avoid?....

People come to the forum to share information. A balanced trip report - mentioning some of the highlights of your trip - even if it is not that long and then mentioning the agency that you worked with and saying that you were satisfied etc. would be met with less suspicion around here on the forums.

pura vida

raquel

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

I have to agree with all of the above here. Your post actually hurts the company more than you and the company realize I think.

There have been several recent posts about this company and they all feel a bit coerced... Nothing wrong with writing in an experience you had with a company, but when the company prompts you to do so it tends to lack authenticity... For someone such as yourself who has no prior history that we can see on the TA website in any form, to come on and start telling the world how great a particular company is, can be regarded as spam and advertising.

Raquel gave you the best advice, tell us and the world more about your trip, tell all the details that made the trip special for you, where did you stay, what did you do, who did you do it with, at the end give a shout out to the company that put it together for you is fine but try not to come off as an advertisement.

Do all these things and you will be doing yourself and the company a service as opposed to making them look bad.

Cheers

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Hmm, sure...

My other reviews are all currently pending, I suppose I can give my trip itinerary here. It is unfortunate that TA has become cynical, but its a good thing as it always for better information and real trip advice...

Well, here's the details:

Highlights: Staying at Hotel Royal Corin, Tabacon, White Water Rafting with Exploradores Outdoors, Eating at Soda Viquez, 5 days at El Remanso- all were fantastic, and worth every dollar. (I have given more detailed reviews in their own sections)

Cons: very few, service at Soda Hormiga in Arenal, service at Hotel Buena Vista in Alajuela if anything

Overall, Costa Rica is a wonderful place. Very safe, really nice people, everyone is happy to help you out and show you around.

What Pura Vida Inc did very well, is help us pick places that matched exactly what we had in mind, give us every detail we could possibly want, ensure we had packed everything we needed, given us good insights into every place we were about to see, deals and discounts to many locations,

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Appreciate yours and everyone elses input. I didn't realize the rules and etiquette of posting here.

I assure you that Pura Vida in no way coerced us for a review. We got back on 1st of August, and having gotten our lives in some order, Im just giving some kudos and feedback to all the great places we stayed at.

I don't know what to say about sounding like advertising, and I hope that other's reading this post aren't turned off from this company. It would be unfortunate.

Anyway, I hope this all clears things up...

When i find some time I'll put some thoughts together to do a full review of our trip. In the meanwhile I invite anyone who is interested, to please check out my other reviews. For those who ask for a more 'balanced' review, I will say that 90% of the places we went to were fantastic. Anything that was subpar we have given our review as well.

I would be happy to share my thoughts or help other's out if I can in any way as they travel to Arenal and Osa.

Cheers

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Thanks for following up Shaun. Good of you to do so. Glad to hear you had a good time on vaca. Which river did you raft? Was it the Pacuare?

Again thanks for following up, the more details you can provide travelers the more helpful the posts are. Folks come here to get the little details and want to hear about what made a trip great or not so great. You can read an extensive list of trip reports on the sticky at the top of the forum. The more detailed a trip report is, the better the reactions you will get from folks.

Cheers

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Hi Shaun,

Thanks very much. That is a lot more like what people seem to want to read on the forum. It definitely sounds more balanced and informative. And I am sure the reviews you have taken the time to write will also be helpful once TA posts them.

Hoping to see more from you on the forum.

pura vida

raquel

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

The mighty Pacuare it was indeed. What was really neat was the fact that people of all ages and skill levels were on that trip - and everyone had a blast. There's a real synergy with those folks, they keep everyone excited and they themselves look really happy about what they do. The breakfast and lunch they provide is also a great bonus.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pura Vida! eh? Incorporated - Incredible Service!

Thanks for following up with the details of your trip Shaun. You hit a couple of my favorites in Tabacon and the Rio Pacaure. Both are beyond compare. Please accept my apologies for the cynicism.