We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

Hi,

Just curious, what are local meteorologist saying about the potential impact of tropical storm Isaac to weather in Costa Rica? I'm just a bit concerned since I'm flying this Friday August 24 into Liberia and then driving to Arenal.

Thanks in advance for your input

Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

Very curious about this myself. Figures that I would book a trip during a hurricane. Story of my life...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

In modern history Costa Rica has never been hit directly by any hurricane...most of the times when is huge hurricane at the Caribbean our weather change with the tail winds of the hurricane!

roadadvisor

Edited: 22 August 2012, 22:48
Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

At the present time, Isaac is not expected to impact Costa Rica. The national weather authorities website here.

http://www.imn.ac.cr/index.html

Special advisories are generally shown and highlighted on the upper right of the main site so you might check back daily. Isaac is currently tracking well north of CR.

Columbus, Georgia...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

I am flying from Atlanta Georgia to Costa Rica on August 29th - do you guys know if there will be travel delays?

I am not sure of the flight path from ATL to CR and am worried that they usually fly through where the hurrican will hit.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

We will be experiencing some affects from Isaac today thru the weekend. http://www.imn.ac.cr/alertas/

As of Wednesday, any weather delays will not be at this end but it's really still too early to predict how it will affect ATL. Only guessing it would not since at present it's tracking into the FL Panhandle

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

They say we should get sunny mornings and some rains in the afternoons today and through the weekend and it should be heavy rains. Right now it is pretty sunny and nice where I am but who knows.

Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

im flying the 29th also from Atlanta to San Jose on Delta 413. Maybe see you on the flight... if its not canceled. I came on here for the same info. The start of my trip is from Los Angeles to Atlanta. That leg has me even more worried. Seems like I would be flying right into it but Delta lady on the phone said she doesnt see any changes in the flights status.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

Now with Copa the flight can be LAX-PTY to SJO or LIR or Avianca-Taca LAX-SAL to SJO or LIR it is more convenient from the west coast.

So far the weather is pretty good, partly cloudy and some afternoon showers. More rain in the caribbean and the northern plains.

Enjoy Costa Rica.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

More rain in the Caribbean??? Clear as a bell down here on the Caribbean side and has been for over a week. Very sunny and very calm waters. September is always like this.

It is very common for people who are on the Pacific not to realize that Caribbean has very different weather patterns then the rest of the country.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Local weather reports on tropical storm/hurricane Isaac

All flights leaving to USA as today back to normal...waiting to see about MSY

luis

My God that is some kind of answer...!

Edited: 29 August 2012, 00:23