We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with November trip

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with November trip

Hello everyone. I will be going to CR for my first time in mid November and want to do the following.

Sloth sanctuary on carribean side, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde cloud forest, Arenal

I really want to see a lot of the wildlife, go on rainforest hikes, maybe zip line, def want to try to go to sloth sanctuary but it seems far from everything else!!

Can I make it happen in around 9 days???

Any input is helpful!!!

Is it pointless to see Guancaste beaches at this time of year also??

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with November trip

in guanacaste areas you can try in tamarindo area is real good

westin playa conchal is one of the best resort and playa conchal one of the best beach nice to do snorkeling fishing diving in catalina island,

a lot of zipline in the area

manuela antonio is real good option too

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with November trip

It might be a little too much for 9 days but if you do not mind some long drives maybe 2 or 3 nights in the Caribbean Puerto Viejo, 2 in Arenal, 2 in Monteverde and the rest in Manuel Antonio. Have a great trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,112 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with November trip

PERFECT...9 days 8 nights...if you like to move around...will be a great vacation...

From SJO to Monteverde...3 hours...from Monteverde to Arenal 2 hours minutes more minutes less...or take the Jeep-boat-jeep...then from Arenla to Caribbena beaches...4 hours...

Most roads in your itinerary are in great shape...trust I drive in our roads almost daily and the road condition is great...even better that some roads I saw not long ago around Canada and even some in Florida USA..

The good thing among many is that Caribbean is dry time during November...beach time...and Guanacaste nobody can predict any thing ...but can be wet...but is loveley there even during wet season!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with November trip

Once again MikeA943 has it right, you will be on the road a lot of the time, which will cut into your hiking and discovery time. The big question is how you want to get from A-B? If you have a rental car, then you can have the benefit of being able to come and go as you like, and linger one place longer than others, as opposed to having a shuttle or over priced private driver. Buses will be out of the question for most of what you want to do which is a criss cross country trip. With tight planning, it's doable. Guanacaste and area might be a reach, so plan to return.

As to the irrelevant previous comment about Canadian and American roads, the road conditions particularly for Monteverde to Cañas (to MA) are some of the worst in Costa Rica, with poor road beds, lack of guard rails, and dangerous curves...nothing at all like N/American roads.

Monteverde to Arenal is rough, but not as bad, and your other roads are connected by higher speed (but subject to badly needed maintenance) hiways, hopefully travel delays should not cut too much into your plans.

Perhaps a travel planning service like Pacific Trade Winds http://www.costaricavacation4me.com/ could help, they are a CR company with excellent service, or Costa Rica Expeditions www.costaricaexpeditions.com/wl3/index.php

By using their knowledge and service you can get the maximum experience for the buck, and maybe prevent you from missing something wonderful on your travels.

Have fun planning your vacation, and please come back and review your trip for others who follow your footsteps on the beach.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 19:41
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with November trip

Thank you everyone. Seems like I should just stay longer, or come back again for a second vacation!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with November trip

Why not both? And we would love to have you rave about your trip back home.

7. Re: Help with November trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:17