We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

I'll be in costa rica dec15-22 and I'm flying into San Jose. Any suggestion of where to stay and what to do? Want to see the cloud forest, do some snorkeling see the volcano...

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

I would suggest 2 nts in the arenal volcano area, 2 at the monteverde cloud forest anf the rest at the beach in msnuel antonio.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

Agree...go to Arenal for a few nights then head to Manuel Antonio for the rest of your stay. Lots fo hotels in all different price points. You can rent a car or get transfers. You're just before Christmas and New years weeks so you should still be able to find availability.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

I agree with Franciscojh a combination of Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio would be great. Lots if activities at each area

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

Thanks for you response.

Arenal rather than Poas for the volcano? So does this mean that there is no central point for staying and that we need to get different hotels in these 3 areas. Also do you recommend having a car rental? Or how expensive are transfers for 3 people?

Also we get into San Jose at 5 pm should we spend the night in San Jose? Is there anything to see in San Jose?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

Dear Joanna

Poas is nice but not much to do...maybe for a day tour...I really like Arenal since you have so much to do...

YES you need a hotel at each location...YES again nice to have a car all the time...

For 3 people in private services...is veery much that same price as shuttle services...and great that with private you set up times, places to P-U...ect...

If you get by 5PM...the best is HIT the road...a good transportation company...hopefully certified by ICT can take you to Arenal in 3 hours...of course deppending on road...and weather...

I live in San JOse and I love the city...but really not that much to see at night...better to see the sun going down on the way to Arenal:::!

You can get the car in Arenal...and start drivng from there...or just seat and let somebody drive you between places...

roadadvisor

6. Re: Where to stay and what to do in costa rica for 7 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:15