We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gasoline Truckers Strike

Melbourne, FL
Level Contributor
179 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Gasoline Truckers Strike

I have read that there is a gasoline trucking strike and gas stations are running out of fuel. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

Your information is correct but the strike is over since early this afternoon. It will take a few more hours for the gas stations that are out of fuel to get the fuel and they should be back to normal later today.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 00:11
Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

That is great news MikeA943, as so many tourists are counting on their rental cars. Buses were affected, and I did see a Transito pushing his Kawasaki.

And as my dear Aunt from Cartago always said: "Ser el último orejón del tarro".

Welcome to the friendliest and most beautiful country in Central America

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

Ignorance is bliss... I don't drive... didn't have a clue. Thanks for the heads up and consequent follow up though, good to know...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,406 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

BAck to normal...thanks GOD!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

But isn't it great to live in a country where there is freedom to protest? Whether you agree with the strike or not; the fact that the truckers can express themselves in this way without repression reflects well on Costa Rica's democratic system. Pura vida!

Happy to have the gas station with gas though!

6. Re: Gasoline Truckers Strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 10:18