We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Does anyone know the distance between the two?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

I know the driving time is approx. 1 and half hours. It is 20 minutes away from Tamarindo. Great resort.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

No more than 1 hour and 25 minutes...depending on traffic and vehicle...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

I see MsAlaska you may be considering a location change, still a nice hotel. And yes, MikeA943 is correct, one and a half hours using a shuttle service, perhaps a little more if you self drive.

Have a great holiday.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Well I am lining up my options...I can get a good deal there but ouch.. looks like food prices are so high that I might as well ante' up the cash and do the Playa Conchal if I am going to spend an extra $150 on food a day at the JW. I also thought of the Occidental Grand.. but not sure how that compares to the Riu if I have to change.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Occidental Grand Papagayo is smaller, nice property, very small beach and a lot of stairs to get to the pool and beach. All the other properties you mentioned are more deluxe.

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Yes it is 1 and a half hour drive from JW Marriott to Liberia

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Thanks God no many places look like RIU..

The best will be WESTIN but pricey...of course you will get every penny you pay for and more...

The only other option could be Barcelo Playa Langosta ...but of course is not comparable at all with WESTIN...small ...nice beach location...good food...!

JW is an incredible resort with a great beach.....that will be a great second choice...it is a high end destination...very nice people run the resort...well is JW...but food prices are not cheap at all!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

Occidental is nice and smaller than RIU

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

thanks all.. i think im going to Brave the Riu..but if reports come back this week that are really poor.. if I do have to switch will prob do the smaller grand occidental. Hoping the Riu is ok. I am not picky..I just want to have drinks by the pool and have good dinners...and watch cheesy shows for a week. I can deal with a few cracks as long as its SAFE and things are actually operating

I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes

10. Re: Distance from JW Marriott to the LIR airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:16