We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Melbourne, FL
Level Contributor
177 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Let me first say I'm glad most everyone is ok after the earthquake and that it wasn't any worse. Next week we will be traveling from the San Jose airport to San Ramon and then on to La Fortuna going through La Tigra and Chachaugua. Any information on road conditions, landslides, and bridge conditions would be most appreciated. I usually have plenty of time to get to La Fortuna before dark by leaving San Jose about 1:00 p.m. Do I need to allow more time? RoadAdvisor, I know you travel a lot, any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Pretty sure everything is fine, have not heard anything to the contrary, hold tight and someone who drives for a living will have a better answer.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

There are no problems for Route 702 between San Ramon and La Fortuna listed on the Traffic Police report for today so I'd assume that the route is clear unless anyone on the ground there knows otherwise.

Have a good trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Everything is fine on the route to Arenal through San Ramon. The route to Arenal that is closed right now is the one that goes through Zarcero. It will reopen in a few days

Edited: 08 September 2012, 21:27
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,023 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Dear flsurfer...

Thank you for your kind question!

I drive as a way of living and love every single hour and mile...I´m a proud 100% costa rican driver and guide!! YES SIR!... I rather be a driver than feeling sorry of myself in a desK!!

Th road between San Ramon and La Fortuna ...is in great condition...they are doing some small repairs around Balsa...no a big deal...and they have had been working there for a few weeks already...nothing to do with the quake...

You can take in Bajo de los Rodriguez by the police station make a right and take the short cut to Santa Clara...some pot holes but not a biggie...that is the way I take most of the time...Santa Clara...JAvillos...El Tanque LA Fortuna...

Or you can make a left at the police station and take the road to Chachaua ...then to La Fortuna...also the road in great shape...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!!

Roadadvisor

Melbourne, FL
Level Contributor
177 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

Thank you all for the information! And, as usual, Senor road advisor, you are always a great help on this forum. One day I hope to meet you.

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

No problems at all on the road throuh San Ramon. Great information my MikeA on the other route through zarcero

7. Re: Road Conditions from San Ramon to La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:17