We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

Hi

Narrowing my selection of hotels in the Arenal area to Hotel Mountain Paradise or Hotel Lomas Volcan

the reason these are on my short list is they can accomodate our need for 5 beds - Mountaini Paradise has a 2 BR unit and Hotel Lomas can provide a rollaway.

I'm looking at many other options in the area - but find some to be too pricey and others more for couples. I will be traveling with 2 teen boys (17 &19) - so a spot which has a decent pool and some other activities would be preferred.

Can someone offer other hotels I should consider? I've crossed out leaves and lizards (wife needs AC), El Silencio Campo (not seeing more here to offer then Hotel Lomas), Hotel Cerro Azul (ok - a bit campground like), Arenal Springs (looks to be more for couples), Springs & Royal Corin ($$$)......

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

My choice between the two would be the Mountain Paradise it is a great property with very nice room, they also have a free shuttle to the Fortuna town which would be great to use if you are not renting a car. Now out of all the ones you mentioned the Arenal Springs would be my prefered choice as they also have very nice rooms plus they have hot springs pools right there in their property, it is very well know for families as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

You may check...Arenal Volcano and Gradens...you will get a what you pay for and more...nice pools...great gardens...great location...also Los Lagos...they offer one of the best locations around and now days they even offer Hot Springs on site...of course 100% natural hot spring water...

Nice to have a car around La Fortuna...you will save at the end money and time...of course that is a very personal option...you can rent a car for $ 56.00 a day...including basic insurance!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

Sorry fo my mistake...please read...ARENAL VOLCANO AND GARDENS!!

roadadvsior

4. Re: Arenal - Hotel Selections - thoughts/input?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17