We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Opening Delayed

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Palace Opening Delayed

According to the online news website, "Inside Costa Rica", the opening of the RIU Palace will be delayed. Here is a link to the story, which also lists some of the illegal activities by the resort: insidecostarica.com/2012/…

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Gee, I wonder why this place has such a bad reputation about people who've traveled or live in Costa Rica?

Note this:

"The second phase of the hotel was built on a landfill of a mangrove swamp, and on the Huesera Stream protected area."

Staying at the Riu is effectively rewarding an unethical corporation for its illegal destruction of wildlife habitat.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Now maybe some people will trust others ...that a can of paint and some dry wall...will not cover the quake damage...

Feel really bad for the workers..well the firt time even one of them die...

Thank you Explorin...good to know!

roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Well, well! Thanks explorinCA.

4. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:49
Edited: 17 October 2012, 14:49
5. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:49
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Given their record of dishonesty, caveat emptor.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,952 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Bookmarked. Nov 2nd, 2012. 538 rooms?!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Somebody toll me the hottel that the Opening is not delayed...but they are not taking reservations???

I love how clear they are..!!

Well some people love the way they are...well they may be just like them...made to each other!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

Hopefully they will be investigated by the OIJ for the illegal labour practices.

Heredia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU Palace Opening Delayed

I heard that the RIU suffered a lot with the past CR Earthquake, I saw in the news some photos of the damages, this is probably the reason...