We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for honeymoon

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help for honeymoon

Hello,

I am planning my honeymoon to Costa Rica for next summer.

We like beaches, adventure and wildlife, especialy Sloths! We would really like to stay in a remote and private treehouse/jungle.

I think we will go to Puerto Viejo/Punta Uva from San Jose on the rafting trip and then go on to the Osa Peninsular and hopefully stay at Bosque Del Cabo.

We were going to go to Manuel Antonio but I think Osa sounds less touristy.

I really want to make sure we make the most of it in our two weeks there, without spending all of our time travelling!

We would like to go horseback riding, ziplining and maybe do some other activities.

Do you think we are missing out if we don’t go to Monteverde/Arenal/La Fortuna?

A friend stayed at Hidden Canopy Treehouse in Monteverde which looks amazing but would that take up a lot of our trip getting there and getting back?

I know you can do lots of activities in these areas – but can we do most of them in Puerto Viejo/Osa?

Many thanks,

Charlie

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help for honeymoon

If you have the time and the budget...OSA is what you are looking for.,...check also Lapa Rios...incredible place...

Maybe a couple nights in Arenal ...check Hotel Arenal Nayara...

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help for honeymoon

If you want beaches, adventure and wildlife you will get all you can handle in the Caribbean and the Osa. Save Arenal and Monterverde for another trip--they offer nowhere near the same level of wildlife (and of course no beaches). They do offer adventure tours like ziplining, but you can find zipline anywhere in Costa Rica.

3. Re: Itinerary help for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 19:18