We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Quebec City, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Hello everyone,

I´m going to be in CR for a week at the end of october/ beginning of november and would love to get some advice for my stay!

My flight arrives and departs in San Jose and I am traveling alone.

I´d like to see a lot of the countrys wildlife and nature rather than being in the touristic areas.

Is it possible to get along with english (or french/german..) outside of the touristic areas?

How are the bus connections and is it easy to find information like that?

Thanks a lot in advance:)

Ben

Bushmaster Adventures Costa Rica
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manakin Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Central American Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Dear Ben...I will said that you will not have many problems finding people to help you and to answer your questions...we Costaricans we like to practice our English, French, German...etc...please do not worry!

About places to visit during the rainy season is great...if you like nice sunny days and nice beaches and a lot of happy people...visit the Caribbean side of the country...Puerto Viejo...Cahuita...Cocles...Punta Uva ...Manzanillo!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Hi Ben, I am thinking of going to CR this year in October- I was just wondering how you got on last year when you went? did you stick only to carribean side or do a few days pacific side aswell? What would you recommend/ discourage for this time of year? Im kinda thinking that I shouldnt let the rain dictate that I dont go pacific side (rain doesnt bother me) but then I had the same attitude South America and spent days stuck in various villages due to landslides....

Mentioned in this post
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Brenda, due to Ben's only one post on TA I would not hold my breath waiting for him to answer. Thus I am also supporting above advice to hit the Caribbean side. Although there are tiny chances to be hit by a landslide on the Pacific coast, it is best to enjoy its rugged beaches and lush rain forests (south of Quepos) during dry season. However it much depends on what you are looking for in Costa Rica. For more answers might be good to start your own thread, might have same title. Happy planning!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

Brenda I agree with xelas. I spent some time in CR last October and the weather was lovely. I think some rain showers in the afternoon which were "refreshing" and not deluges. We have friends who spent last week around Manuel Antonio and Dominical on the Pacific and described the weather as outstanding. Still the Caribbean side should indeed be less affected by rain. The bus to Puerto Viejo took every bit of 5 hours. The Pacific side is much closer. Where specifically are you thinking of going. You can get lots of input on road conditions etc here on TA.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
5. Re: One week costa rica end of october - itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18