We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Shuttle To Ostional

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Private Shuttle To Ostional

Advise please. Staying in Ostional in early November and need advise as to how to get there. I understand the road from the south is not passible at this time and the northern route needs a 4 wheel drive vehicle. We have found several private shuttle tours companies that will take us to Ostional but non of them offer 4 wheel drive. Will these vans make it along the northern route or does anyone know of any transport companies that offer the 4 wheel option? We do not want to rent a car. So we are now worried that we will not be able to get to Ostional. We will be traveling from Monteverde to Ostional.

Thanks for any info.

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Bushmaster Adventures Costa Rica
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manakin Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Central American Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Shuttle To Ostional

Vans will make it but will take longer than 4X4.

Whe we stayed at Luna Azul, they mentioned that they knew someone with a big SUV that offered private shuttle service for around $150 each eay.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Luna Azul
Hotel Luna Azul
430 Reviews
Ostional, Costa Rica
Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Shuttle To Ostional

Thank you for your response. I contacted Luna Azul ant they did not suggest that knew of any private shuttle service but I will ask again.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Luna Azul
Hotel Luna Azul
430 Reviews
Ostional, Costa Rica
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Shuttle To Ostional

Hmm. When we asked about a ride to Liberia they gave us two options, one cheaper one in an old crappy van, and a more expensive one in an SUV.

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Shuttle To Ostional

Thanks again for your reply, I found a company called Transport Costa Rica who will get us there in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Found them on the internet, hope they are reliable?

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
5. Re: Private Shuttle To Ostional

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:16