We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly and Drive- Gate1 Travel

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Fly and Drive- Gate1 Travel

We are considering a 12 day fly and drive package with Gate 1 Travel in February of next year. Has anyone used this travel provider in Costa Rica.

Any other recommendations of other fly and drive providers.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,995 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly and Drive- Gate1 Travel

Gate 1 has a pretty good reputation. They have been around a while and I have never really heard anything bad about them. Do some forum searches and you will pull up some info. More may chime in but IMO you are fine with them.

Cheers

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly and Drive- Gate1 Travel

Gate 1 is definitely a reputable provider, but check the hotel accomodations they offer in the packages, an look at upgrading some of the resorts. I've seen them use a hotel (can not rememeber the name of it but its off the Pan Am hwy right before Canas turn off going toward Fortuna and near the Zoo), and advertise that as Guanacaste (which the hotel is in, but no where near the main Guanacaste tourist areas around the beaches), also they use Tiljari a lot for lead pricing, which is a very nice resort, but about 20-30 min. away from the main area around Arenal/La Fortuna.

There's nothing wrong with that....but usually the upgrades and slightly better locations can be had with them for just a little more. If you're looking at the Open Voucher program, I would opt for the upgraded list of hotels as well.

3. Re: Fly and Drive- Gate1 Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 09:17