We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing - Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing - Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

I haven't had much luck finding surfing lessons in Playa Hermosa. I'm looking for a place with little safe waves, for kids that are almost 5, 6.5 and 12... none with surfing experience. We are staying in PH... I just don't want to commit to an hour drive to Tamarindo daily if possible. Again, not looking to make them into surfers... just for fun and to get them up on the board.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing - Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

There aren't any waves for surfing in the Golfo de Papagayo (where Playa Hermosa, Playa del Coco and Playa Panama are.)

These beaches are bays where scuba diving boats, personal yachts, fishing boats and sailboats are moored.

Tamarindo, Playa Grande and Avellanas are the nearest beaches with surfable waves for beginners.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing - Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

Sorry but not good waves at all for surfing in Playa Hermosa Guanacaste...nearest place as you already know TAMARINDO..

roadadvisor

3. Re: Surfing - Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 09:17