We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

I'm going to Costa Rica by the end of the year and would like to dive, but I've just got my licesed recently and most of the places suggests not for beginner.

Have anybody been around Hermonsa or Drake bay?

Thanks,

Esther

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

Around or going to Drakes...great place Caño Island...some good diving operations...even out of UVITA...sorry I do not recall the name of the company we dive with a few months ago in UVITA we went to Caño...great dives around...so much life...maybe you can ask THOMAS at Tikivillas in UVITA he did recommend that diving company for us...by the way Tikivillas is the best...lovely lodge...small enough to relax...incredible views even you can see Caño Island from the front desk!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

I love driving in Costa Rica but I would not recommend it for a beginner. It is challenging at times, and besides you will be concentrating so hard on the driving you will miss a lot of beautiful scenery. Also – and I am just guessing here – but assuming you are young and that is why you just got your licence, they probably won’t rent to you unless you are 21.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

Thanks a lot! I will check with Thomas at Tikivillas :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

You are WELCOME...please do not hesitate to ask any question any time here at the forum!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Any suggestions for a beginner diver in Costa RIca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:16