We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt Car Rental

New York City
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt Car Rental

Does anyone have experience with Sixt Car Rental. They have nice new cars (which not everyone has in CR) and reasonable rates. They seem to be new and only have One location in San Jose. The fact that Sixt is one part of one worlds the worlds largest chains outside the US makes me feel good but would like to here from peoples experiences.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt Car Rental

They are a big company but are rarely mentioned for Costa Rica as far as I can see.

New York City
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt Car Rental

That is why I am asking. They seem very accommodating and reasonably priced. I would imagine if they are a franchise of Sixt, they have a name to live up to. However, I want to make sure that there are no negative experiences with them out there and if people are were generally happy.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Good point by Sarita...but a lot of costarican franchises offer BRAND NEW CARS...a lot of great new cars around...just a short clarification...nice for people to know the reality of the car situation...

Never heard about SIXT Car Rental in Costa Rica...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt Car Rental

I have had excellent experiences with them. And yes they are the official Sixt franchisee for Costa Rica. They always offer fair prices!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
364 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt Car Rental

"New" is not necessarily better. Depending on where you are going some vehicles stick out and can be a target for break-ins. The less conspicuous the better seems to a good guide.

There is a long running forum dealing with the Best/Worst Car Rentals in CR at:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k59…

boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Beware of this rental car company. If you cancel, you will be charged up to the full amount for anything less than a three day rental. Their service is not that much different from the companies that do not have this policy.

7. Re: Sixt Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 19:05
Alajuela, Costa Rica
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Good morning, my name is Hermann Taborda, reservations Manager of Sixt Costa Rica. We will highly consider your comment about our prepaid reservations, and will try to inprove about this matter.

Lawrence...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sixt Car Rental

We used this company while in Costa Rica, while they offer reasonable prices we returned our tank with slightly less gas than how we received it and were charged an additional $45 dollars because of this. We rented a Daihatsu small SUV which took much less than $45 to fill the entire tank it was unreasonable they charge more than the cost to fill the entire tank.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sixt Car Rental

It is a rip off but a common policy for car rental firms worldwide.