We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

7 posts
Save Topic
Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

I am looking to plan a 4-6 week vacation in June/July for my family with children 9 & 12 but we haven't figured out where to go yet. The housing needs to be economical and we may want to rent a house if that is affordable. We hope to go somewhere warm, near a beach and safe. I am also concerned about the rainy season. Does anyone have ideas to share? I appreciate your input!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

Head for the Caribbean coast and rent a house south of Puerto Veijo near Punta Uva. Beautiful beaches, often nearly deserted, tons of wildlife and lots of natural areas to explore. See more at www.puertoviejosatellite.com Caribe sur real estate has info on rental houses on their website. Do not expect AC or swimming pools as most properties do not have either but the beach and the ocean breeze makes up for it.

You could also look up the raod in Cahuita, a small beachtown adjacent to a national park. lots of lodgings near the beach north of town but it's black sand.

On the Pacific coast I would suggest looking at rentals around Samara which has a beautiful beach, safe for swimming and the feel of a small town.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

Around Caribbean side of Costa Rica also around Puerto Viejo...check Casa Camarona...nice simple...great location...very much what you are looking for and by the ebach...the best try to deal directly with owners ...and travel service providers...some hungry people in that part of the country trying to get a commision for everything...not very nice...

Nosara beach...Playa Hermosa Beach...Tamarindo beach around the Pacific...nice beaches many good affordable options...

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

For me with kids that age you can't beat Samara. Rainy season really isn't that bad in June and July. I base myself out of Costa Rica for June and July and the rain has never been an issue.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
733 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

Samara's a good call. Nosara if you like it a little more isolated, wild.

Caribbean side is good too, lots of nice homes for rent.

Playa Hermosa would give you easy access to adventure in Rincon de la Vieja and Palo Verde, and not too far for an overnight or two say to Arenal and/or Monteverde...

5. Re: Where to go with a family of 4 for 4-6 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:16