We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or not ?

ohio
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or not ?

I notice most hotels aren't all inclusive so I'm thinking dining options are plenty. I just want to know if it is a good idea to do the all inclusive though.

We are going for 5 nights. The price difference seems to be about $300 per person

I like all inclusive but I don't want to limit my dining options if there are nice places to eat and also are close by

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or not ?

Where are you thinking of staying?

ohio
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or not ?

Riu guancaste

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or not ?

If you are staying at the Riu, I would suggest you do the AI. It isn't very close to anything.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or not ?

I would do a lot of research on this forum before choosing the RIU. Some have called it "the most hated hotel in Costa Rica." In addition to some serious environmental problems, there is a great thread here on this forum about just what it takes to get a meal. Reservations....standing in line.....etc. It's also isolated so really tends to separate you from everything.

Costa Rica isn't a good match for an AI, really. There is a great tourist infrastructure all over the country including a choice of excellent lodging options and great restaurants.

Another AI alternative would be the Barcelo Langosta or the best in the country at the Westin Playa Conchal. Otherwise, I would just do a bit of research and you can plan a great visit without using an AI.

A couple of helpful websites -- www.nicoyapeninsula.com

www.guanacastetogo.com

This website - www.anywherecostarica.com - has a great questionnaire that you can use to have a tailor-made itinerary for you.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or not ?

Much, much better options than that place. Seems a waste to go to Costa RIca only to stay at a place designed to keep you from seeing the country itself.

6. Re: All inclusive or not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:17