We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rican vacation question

San Diego...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rican vacation question

So we have 8 days 7 nights booked the whole trip through anywhere Costa Rica the itinerary is:

Day one May 24 fly in Cops airlines from LAX arriving in San Jose at noon picking up the 4x4 rental car

Driving to Arenal staying two nights

Next we drive to Monetverde

Day 3 and 4 are in Monteverde

Next we are scheduled to go to Tamarindo from Monteverde which is a pretty long drive we are scheduled to stay 4 nights then the last day we have to drive back to San Jose to catch a 3pm flight. I am noticing that it would be a 6 hour drive before a 7 hour flight. Seems pretty hectic any ideas about alternatives to Tamarindo? Maybe Jack or Manuel Antonio? This is mine and my boyfriends first trip so were not to specific. We are very active and like to get out and see stuff. Plus he is a big time surfer.

Any tips, suggestions, or advise would be awesome!

Thanks everyone!

Oh and so far the activities we have are

Hot springs and hike in Arenal

Zip lining in Monteverde with a night walk tour

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rican vacation question

With all my respect...and consideration...since you plan and pay your vacation by a tour operator...they are the best people to answer your questions...mostly since they have already every single detail of your trip...

roadadvisor

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rican vacation question

Samantha, Of course for the trip details you will want to check with your booking agency but there is nothing wrong in asking for additional information or tips from TA posters or DEs. I would suggest you just keep searching past forum posts for tips about the areas you will be visiting & the activities you are interested in.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rican vacation question

If you want to drive from the beach to SJO the same day as you depart flight then your only realistic choice is Manuel Antonio. Jaco is a bit closer but not much appreciated as a relaxed beach location. Recent trip report by David E covers most of your potential itinerary.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rican vacation question

Since he is a 'big time surfer;, I would look at Dominical area. A little further than Manuel Antonio but closer than Tamarindo and much better surf.

5. Re: Costa Rican vacation question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 05:19