We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Greer, South...
7 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are investigating honeymoon options for later September 2013. We are adventurous and really love exploring nature. Our first choices led us to Belize where I found a wonderful private island with secluded huts right on the beach. They also offered inland tours that interest us. However, after researching the hurricane situation in Belize...we moved on to Costa Rica.

Rain doesn't bother us. I mean, c'mon, it's the rainforest...we expect some showers. But we really wanted a jungle/beach combo. I found the perfect jungle escape (or what seems to be) at the Pacuare Lodge in the Siquirres area, but I'm really struggling to find a secluded beach cabana that isn't in the south Pacific (where I'm sure it will rain all day, every day). Any suggestions?

Maybe Costa Rica isn't the place for us during late September. We're open to other locations - the only reason we were sticking to Central America is the cheap flights we can get...

Basically...we want jungle/rainforest, beach and seclusion. Any advice/suggestions/questions are welcome! Total budget (including meals) would be around $4K for 7-9 nights.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,460 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

September is great weather at the Caribbean side of our country...SUMMER time...BEACH TIME...check Le Camaleon Hotel...or Gecko Lodge or Almonds and Corals...Korrigans Lodge some the best real hotels around Puerto Viejo area...some great beaches around as well.. Cahuita NAtional PArk great for snorkeling...Cocles...Punta Uva...Manzanillo very nice beaches...casual places...

Pacuare lodge maybe nice for one night...not worth it for more...it is a nice place but one night is enough...expensive..!

For Puerto Viejo you can fly to SJO...and then drive...about 3.5 hours nice road all the way...!

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,779 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Tree House Lodge in Punta Uva, one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. No restaurant but houses have kitchens and there are great restaurants not too far away.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
498 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Our son and his wife and also some good friends stayed at Pacuare Lodge and they both loved it. Very romantic and good activities. It is expensive, but its your honeymoon. You could do the Pacuare trip and have them take you to Puerto Viejo at the end of the trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Pacuare Lodge to Tree Houses would be a great honeymoon...

en route, Selva Bananito is an excellent eco-lodge in the Talamanca mountains, that would make a nice place for 2-3 nights...

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

September is the month to hit the Caribbean coast for sun and calm seas and you can find jungle and beach easily. Look into the Punta Uva/Playa Chiquita section of the coast to get away from the 'crowds'.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Ylang Ylang Beach Resort in Montezuma if for whatever reason you're more inclined to the Pacific side.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

I agree that a combination of Pacuare Lodge and the Caribe Sur would make for a great honeymoon. The lodge is expensive but we so far have heard good things from people who have stayed there. And yes, if you want to be close to the beach south of Puerto Viejo, Tree House lodge and Casa Viva in Punta Uva are splendid options, Mother Dear on the north side of Puerto Viejo could be another choice.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

Manatus in Tortuguero ,

Chameleon in Puerto viejo

If you go to guanacaste, there will be more chances of rain , but it might be worth trying, Cala Luna, Capitan Suizo in Tamarindo

9. Re: Looking for Secluded Jungle/Beach Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:16