We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Going to CS ealry February, and I am trying to figure out the best route to go to Monteverde, There are apparently 4 different access road from the panamerican to get there.

First is from Canas (route 142)

Second is from Juntas (route 145)

Third is from PIta / Lagartos (route 605)

Last through Sardinal (route 606)

If anyone has insight on the shortest route, better route, would be grateful.

Thank you

Geoffroy

Mentioned in this post
Canas
Canas
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

I think the best and fastest route is through Sardinal.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Thats a good question for Roadadvisor, he drives professionally and can answer that. Best I can do is give you this driving link http://www.yourtravelmap.com/ Sit tight, Luis will be along at some point.

Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Thank you, how can I contact roadadvisor Luis?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Send him a PM. he is a destination expert here, or wait 5 minutes, he will see it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Nice Inca,...gracias sorry this time more than 5 minutes...gracias once again..

I will drive by Sardinal...coming on Pan Am Hwy from Liberia...another you can do once you pass Ahogados bridge...you will see a tiny detour...at your right hand side...you can take that detour...and in about 6 kms even less it will meet the Sardinal road...

If you drive by that detour...you will see not far from there at your right habd side a huge gas staton...La panamericana...check tires...coolant...oil...etc...that is the road to Sardinal and up to Monteverde...

roadadvisor.

Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Africa
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

Thanks a lot Luis, I am happy to get a firm answer, because I called many hotels in Monteverde and they all have several route that they recommend, but they don't seem to be very sure which is the best ... My GPS neither!

Muchos saludos

Geoffroy

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

I visited Monteverde on Saturday. I originated in LIberia and took route 145 via Las Juntas to Monteverde. I left Monteverde on route 606 via Guacimal/Sardinal. I was driving a Toyota Yaris.

Both routes are easily drivable in a regular passenger car. The 145 route is slightly rougher due to large aggregate and frequent loose rocks which you need to avoid. Still, no problem for the Yaris.

As for scenic qualities, both routes are very good. I would rate route 606 as slightly better.

So, take whichever route is fastest or most convenient.

My opinion is that the Monteverde reserve is overrated. It was just another forest to me. If you are into botany or horticulture you may appreciate the variety of plants. In retrospect, I should skipped Monteverde and spent the time doing something else.

Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Africa
8. Re: Best route from Liberia to Minteverde. Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:18