We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Topic
any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

Anyone know if you can find your own bottles of liquor/wine/beer nearby the tulemar bungalows? Any markets nearby if you don't want to go out for dinner every night?

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

There is a small supermarket called Super Joseth, if I remember correctly. It's on the main road on the left side if you are going towards the National Park, close to Tulemar. They do sell liquors. If you go into Quepos the supermarkets are bigger. There is also a marketplace in Quepos, with a produce stand. Someone told us that Saturday mornings there is an outdoor produce market in Quepos, but we didn't get there.

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

travel10000 good info, if i may add to it. the supermas in quepos has the best selection around and superjoseth is fairly limited. but when your thirsty the first cold one is the best one and super joseth is close.

pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

Thanks for the info!! We've always done all-inclusives in the past but want to do something a little more special since this will be our honeymoon. We're just worried that we'll get there and end up having to spend way more $$ than we expected on food/drinks. Any advice as far as what we can expect???

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

The SuperMas in Quepos is located across from the bus station. Traveling thru Quepos (main road), take a left at the Best Western Kamuk onto Central. Follow this street, first intersection is Dos Locos Cantina, continue on and SuperMas in on your right. They are less expensive than Joseth and have a better selection. Adjacent to the bus station is the public market where you'll find a butcher, a shop that sells exclusively chicken and Martec that sells wonderful fresh fish. There are two other butchers in Quepos (along Central, you'll pass then enroute to SuperMas). On Saturday the fresh veg. market is on the malacon (levee) in Quepos. Very inexpensive fruit and veg. You'll save plenty if you prep some meals in your bungalow, even if it's just fruits for bkfts. and light lunches. Enjoy your cocktails/beer/wines in your bungalow. Assuming your unit has an oceanview, why spend the extra $$ to go to a restaurant for sunset cocktails when you get do them cheaper at your place! You'll save enough to splurge on a nice dinner. Prices for dinner is as much or as little as you care to pay. I've been to places that have a fish dinner with fresh caught, steamed veg, salad and/or beans and rice for $6 or you can have lobsters each night for $25-$30/person. There are plenty of restaurants in the area in a variety of price ranges. What's your dining style and budget? Lisa in Manuel Antonio

pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

We'll probably go for lobster at least once. I'm fine with pretty much anything, but my fiance can be picky. Don't mind spending $20-$30 per person for dinner, but we'd like to have drinks and snacks onhand throughout the day in case we get hungry. I hear they serve breakfast at the bungalows each day as part of your room rate. Is there any kind of entertainment around? We're not really looking for the dance club scene since it's our honeymoon. But we'd like to know that we'd have some options!!

6. Re: any local liquor stores/markets near tulemar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 12:18