We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor

chicago
Level Contributor
205 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor

Can I bring liquor into Costa Rica? Flying into Liberia. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor

Yes, 5 litres per person maximum.

Fredericton
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor

We fly into San Jose and there is a duty free liquor store at bagage claim I always pick up 8 bottles to enjoy and hopefully some to take home. We usually get in at 9 or 10 pm always open Great prices and quality. Example 1-25yr old rum 1-12yr old rum 1-8yr old rum 2-5yr old rums and 3 bottles of wine (Chilian) $110.00. Hope Liberia has the same

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
chicago
Level Contributor
205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know if their is a duty free shop at the Liberia airport?

Mentioned in this post
Liberia Airport
Liberia Airport
Liberia, Costa Rica
Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor

Thanks for the info for San Jose airport. Do you know if the prices are better than the prices at the big store in Quepos right across the street from the bus depot? If so I guess we will stock up right away.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Quepos
Quepos
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Fredericton
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor

I don't know about the prices at that store. In the past I have bought some at smaller grocery stores and the prices were higher and the quality and selection poorer. I am a rum drinker so when I see 25 yr old for less than $20 I got to get it.

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor

Rum is also my favorite, if they have the best variety at the airport I better check it out for sure. Thanks for your reply.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor

If you like rum be sure to try the Centenario - made in CR

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor

Thanks for the info CanaTico, does Centenario have a certain flavor like pineapple or anything?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor

No nothing like that. I am not a rum expert but I brought some home to a friend who is a rum affectionate and he loved it. Like most good liquors - the older the better usually.

10. Re: Liquor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:19