We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

Hi all:

I posted previously about MA and got helpful insight but now after speaking to a friend who is in CR at the moment, he is suggesting I head to Uvita instead saying that MA is a bit more touristy and not as laid back and more accessible to beaches.

Can anyone provide any thoughts? I am looking to just chill and enjoy the beautiful landscape that CR has to offer but there are just so many options! I have 5 days and want to paddle board, relax and read on the beach.

In terms of places to stay I was looking at the Oxygen Jungle Villas in Uvita or Shana Hotel in MA.

Thanks all.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

Uvita is incredible nice and not to touristy at all...check Tiki Villas it is a small boutique kind of place great views...nice...incredible nice people runs the place...you can even see Caño Island from the main desk!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

Uvita is more laid-back and less touristy than MA so if that appeals to you, head to Uvita. MA's big pull is the beautiful national park so do bear that on the pro side of the discussion for MA.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
496 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

If you don't have a car, I think you are better off staying in Manuel Antonio. Uvita is beautiful, but very spread out, and Oxygen Jungle Villas is at the end of a steep road up the mountain that requires a 4 wheel drive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

Thank u all--Ill be sticking to MA as we have no car

5. Re: Manuel Antonio versus Uvita February 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:16