We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

We are a family of 5 (kids 11, 13, 16). We want an AI because I don't want to cook and clean! We love pools, beach, snorkeling, adventures,etc. We don't sit still for long. The 3 AI's that appear available for our travel dates are:

Allegro Papagayo

Barcelo Langosta Beach

Occidental Grand Papagayo (most $ but not out of the question)

Barcelo Tambor

I would love to hear opinions on why we would select one area or resort over another. THANKS!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

Based on what I've read, I'd cross Barcelo Tambor off your list. Gets crummy reviews at TripAdvisor, has an iffy environmental record.

If you want to that area of Costa Rica, there's a boutique beach resort called Ylang Ylang in Montezuma that's quite lovely and includes dinner and breakfast in room rates. Good base to explore the area, or just chill and soak in the vibe. Not a big place, but a great one.

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

Ylang Ylang looks lovely but unfortunately, the cost to book flights separately from the hotel is too expensive. If it was just the 2 of us - definitely!! Package deals for a family of 5 are much more economical. So - back to the original 4 options. Thank you for your input.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

Of those four, I would recommend the Barcelo Playa Langosta. It is very nicely laid out - not all bunched up together - and has a great beach. It is also close to Tamarindo where you can go for shopping or nightlife or to arrange excursions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

I second Hattie's choice.

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

Thank you! It's good to have more than one recommendation.

6. Re: Which AI from these 4 choices and which area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:16