We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

In August we would like to stay 2 or 3 nights in MA area. Hoping to have access to a great beach, maybe private, nice room, rainforest setting, and possibly be able to walk or bike to restaurants or town just for fun.

Considering: Arenas Del Mar, seems nice but pricey, Tulemar Bungalows, Falls Resort (unsure about a beach), Mango Moon, but open to other recommendations.

10 year anniversary trip with husband, no kids this time!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,697 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Mango Moon Villa
Mango Moon Villa
565 Reviews
#1 of 47 hotels in Manuel Antonio
Tulemar Resort
Tulemar Resort
#2 of 47 hotels in Manuel Antonio
Nayara Springs
Nayara Springs
#1 of 58 hotels in La Fortuna de San Carlos
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

ADM- yes, beautiful but if you can afford it...go for it!

Tulemar Bungalows-you have a private beach and you usually call the shuttle to come get you to take you down to it as it's a steep trip

Falls Resort is on the other side of the road so no beach access but a beautiful hotel

Check out Si Como No-no beach access but it's a beautiful place, on the side of the cliffs so great ocean views, adults only pool (one of my favorite things) and the food & service are excellent-perfect for an anniversary trip.

FYI most places are on the road high up on the main road, not beach front, and walking on the curvy main road is not recommended. The only place I'd recommend that's down at the beach is La Posada Jungle Bungalows....from there you could walk everywhere (restaurants, bar, national park, grocery store, etc)! :-) Enjoy!

Edited: 02 March 2013, 14:17
Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,697 Reviews
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,682 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

I think Tulemar would give you what you're looking for, and it always gets rave reviews. We've stayed at Mango Moon - the beach access isn't easy; it's a pretty steep hike down and very muddy when we were there. It's a nice spot; some of the rooms share balconies so if you stay there I'd request a private balcony if you want it to be more romantic.

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,697 Reviews
Mango Moon Villa
Mango Moon Villa
565 Reviews
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

Thank you, your ideas are really helpful! My husband really wants some quality beach time so we are now deciding whether to stick with MA area, or choose another beach area. We will with flying in and out of SJO so I'm not sure if we should head up north, stick with MA with beach access, or find another beach in with decent proximity to SJO. So much to consider!

Mentioned in this post
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Hotel recs in Manuel Antonio- feedback on my ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 06:15