We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

5 posts
Save Topic
staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

Hello :

I am going to Costa Rica on 4/13 flying into the LIR airport first we will stay at the lost iguanas hotel for two days then off to the beach at the JW Marriott. We rented a car and I would love to stop and pick up some supplies when we leave lost iguanas. looking for snacks and beverages to take with us to the Marriott. Any suggestions on places to stop ?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

Are you talking about the Lost iguana in the La Fortuna/Arenal area? If so, there's a big grocery store in town where you can pick up supplies. We were surprised to see quite a few American products there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

There are several large supermarkets on the way to JW Marriott as well, including Canas, Nicoya and Santa Cruz. If you are going by way of Liberia, there are several large supermarkets there.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

yes, in the arenal area. :) thank you. I was hoping I could pick up a few things there.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

there are many super markets in Fortuna and smaller stores on the way , like Nuevo Arenal

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

The one we went to was called Super Christian - nice selection of things. It's right on the main road in La Fortuna.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

Don't you think it would be better to shop somewhere closer to the Marriott? Of course, if you buy a cooler to use, it probably wouldn't matter.

7. Re: staying at lost iguanas and jw marriott need help w/stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 06:17