We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

logistics

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
815 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
logistics

I am considering visiting Costa Rica in early December for at least a week. Before or after I would also like to spend a few days in Bocas Del Toro where a friend lives. I am not sure of the most practical way to plan this trip as want it to be as stress free as possible! Any suggestions appreciated regarding the logistics. We would be two women (in their sixties) traveling from California. We are not new to traveling but never to Central America. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: logistics

You can fly from San Jose (actually Pavas domestic airport near to SJO international) to Bocas Del Toro with NatureAir. Alternatively you could make your way down the caribbean coast and cross over by land.

www.natureair.com

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,449 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: logistics

You should spent your week in Costa Rica on the Caribbean side, either before or after BdT. Tortuguero for 2 days and Puerto Viejo for 4 days. Use the plane one way, land transport for other.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Tortuguero
Tortuguero
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
3. Re: logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16