We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

Hi everyone!

I'm having a hard time getting a flight from La Fortuna down to Bocas del Toro (through San Jose/Pavas). Even driving down to San Jose and flying to Bocas the prices for 2 people is over $800! Anybody know of a charter helicopter available? For this price I should be able to get a direct flight from La Fortuna on a private carrier. I see flights from San Jose landing at The Springs constantly. Any company recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
546 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and...
2,564 Reviews
Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

I don't know where you are looking, Wendy, but I just found a flight from San Jose/Pavas to Bocas del Toro for $215 total. Not sure of your dates - I just used April 17 for the heck of it. Have you tried the Nature Air website?

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

Hi Hattie,

Yes...the price is just crazy...maybe it's just my dates-they're unfortunately not flexible as it's the only time I'm not booked. I've tried NatureAir, Sansa, even AirPanama. I see these helicopters land at The Springs all the time and I thought I'd see if I could get a good/fast flight from here to there. :-) Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
2,564 Reviews
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

Er - the obvious answer seems to be: Ask at The Springs? (Sorry - I just couldn't resist.... lol)

Of course, if you have the time, you can shuttle to Puerto Viejo, spend the night and go from there to Bocas del Toro. But maybe time is your biggest issue....

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Province of Limon, Costa Rica
2,564 Reviews
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

I think the helicopters there are from Del Rey...that's a whole other ball of wax. :-) But I think that's a good idea...I'll see if they know who to call (minus the strippers). :-) I like your idea about Puerto Viejo...that may be the solution from a financial stand point as well. Thank you as always Hattie...you're the best!!! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Del Rey
Hotel Del Rey
146 Reviews
San Jose, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

Wait... there are strippers at The Springs?

Mentioned in this post
2,564 Reviews
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

Only when they're flown in from Del Rey. :-) :-) :-) I've decided to spend 2 nights in Puerto Viejo, then take the shuttle across the border. Thanks for the suggestion...my friend has never been there so better on the budget. :-) Thanks Hattie! Good night. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Del Rey
Hotel Del Rey
146 Reviews
San Jose, Costa Rica
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

For future reference, you can look at Paradise Air for private charter flight (not sure about helicopters, but they have a couple of gulfstreams) They're actually pretty reasonable for private flight service and use quality equipment.

8. Re: La Fortuna to Bocas del Toro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:16