We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trafalgar Tours

san francisco
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trafalgar Tours

I am thinking booking Trafalgar Tours for a Christmas visit to Costa Rica. Would appreciate any feed-back about Trafalgar in Costa Rica. Thanks.

Puako, Hawaii
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trafalgar Tours

I hope you didn't book with trafalgar. Worst tour ever.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trafalgar Tours

I used Trafalgar to tour Italy and they were fantastic. In Costa Rica you can easily do things here yourself vs. going on a "tour". That way you can move at your own pace vs. the rush of going place to place...usually too many in too short of a time. If getting around is what is worrying you, you can get private transport. If you just don't want to deal with trying to figure out where to stay, etc, hire a company that is located HERE in Costa Rica and they can customize a tour for you based on YOUR wants & needs: Anywhere Costa Rica, Jacamar, Pure Trek Costa Rica...that's my 2 cents. Enjoy!

Edited: 23 August 2013, 14:30
Cape Cod, Ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trafalgar Tours

would love to know where you went and why you said this. I thinking of going to Italy with them and another writer said they went there & it was great. Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trafalgar Tours

The great thing about Costa Rica nowdays is that you can plan a whole itinerary directly...without a middle person telling you what to do or where to go...deal with travel services providers direct...and if you deal with a middle person or company ...ask for a daily break down...most companies or individuals looking for your hard earned money...will come with thousands of excuse to NO provide a break down ...easy all of them hiding high fees ...

roadadvisor l

Great Neck, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trafalgar Tours

did you go and how was it ? I am thinking of the trafalgar costa rica tour this december

Great Neck, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trafalgar Tours

where did you go and what did you do ? I am not so into tours !! but was told you need one for CR

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trafalgar Tours

I don't think you "need" a tour of Costa Rica at all. Whoever told you that is mistaken. It is easy to plan a trip on your own depending on the time of year. Avoid Christmas and Easter, nightmare travel time, aside from that you are fine. If you like to wing it and are not too picky in hotels, book your first couple nights, come down, and wing it. You can ask questions here in the forum, the DE's and regular posters are happy to answer and help you plan your trip.

If you feel you do want guidance there are many good agencies here to choose from. Here is my list.

Horizontes – http://www.horizontes.com/ - Very green company, offers packages, involved with community programs, good company & good folks

Crreferals – http://www.crreferrals.com/ - Good for custom planning, has packages, involved with animal rescue, good company & good folks

Actuar - www.actuarcostarica.com/app/cms/www/index.php Off the beaten path rural tourism, involved with community programs, good company, good folks.

Costa Rica Birding Journeys - http://www.costaricabirdingjourneys.org/ - Specializes in guided birding excursions. Great guides, very knowledgeable, good folks

Caravan – http://www.caravan.com/ - Does group travel packages with tours up to 30 or more. Excellent reputation and well respected. Awesome at what they do.

I always say, there is no wrong way to travel, so long as you get out the door and do it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trafalgar Tours

Just be sure if you use a middle person or company that they are fully certified by ICT no ICT find somebody else…

Always ask for a total break down of your itinerary…some not very nice tour operators will come with all kind of excuses not to give you a break down…simple reason…they are OVERCHARGING big time…no break down…find somebody else…do not pay more for the same!!!

roadadvisor

Great Neck, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trafalgar Tours

thank you so much !! we are also thinking Peru

10. Re: Trafalgar Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2015, 05:16