We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

aj
Seattle
Level Contributor
16 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

Were flying into Liberia and want a place to spend about 3 days before heading to the Nicoya Peninsula. We are really into hiking, Mt biking, outdoorsy beautiful surroundings... Having a hard time to decide which area to hit. Your thoughts??? Maybe even staying in the Arenal area to hit the national park there. Just dont have time to do it all so want to know which has most to offer.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

For mountain biking - probably the Arenal area would work best. Not Monteverde. For hiking, either Rincon de la Vieja or the Arenal area.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 23:23
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

La Fortuna/Arenal is definitely the adventure capital of Costa Rica so I think it will provide you everything you're looking for! ENJOY!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

There is no comparison, at least for me, between Arenal and Ricon de la Vieja. Arenal is by far the best choice for activities, lodging options, hot springs, restaurants, and other activities. I think that you would be much happier with Arenal

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

We love the Arenal area; that would be my pick. If you like beautiful outdoorsy surroundings, it would be a good fit for you with the volcano, the lake, the waterfall, etc.

5. Re: Rincon del la Vieja or Monteverde area... or somewhere else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 05:15