We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in CR- Montezuma, Santa Teresa. Monteverde? Car?

Saarf England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
2 Weeks in CR- Montezuma, Santa Teresa. Monteverde? Car?

Hi, myself, my wife and 10 month old son and another couple are going to CR in July. From trawling through this and other forums, we have decided that we want to go to Montezuma and Santa Teresa.

My wife, son and her friend are wanting to chill out by a pool and at the beach and wonder around town, etc, while me and my friend want to surf and explore, zipline, raft, etc.

We are aware however, that bumming around in the Montezuma/Santa Teresa area for two whole weeks may become boring for those not surfing. So I am now wondering if it would be feasible to add Montverde to this itinerary?

We will want a car. How is driving over there? Ideally we'd pick the car up from the airport and keep it for the whole 2 weeks. We're not keen on public transport as we will have a baby with us. So if we did take a car, then is it easy enough to drive from either San Jose or Liberia to the Montezuma/ST area and then up to Monteverde? Would this trip be any easier in reverse?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to rent a 4x4?

Thanks.

Santa Teresa
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in CR- Montezuma, Santa Teresa. Monteverde? Car?

Hi,

That sounds like a great itinerary. There is enough to do for 2 weeks between Santa Teresa & Montezuma, especially if you have a car. Realize that it could take you 8 hours to get to Monteverde when you factor in waiting for the ferry. Driving is easy over here, but the roads are bad, especially in the rainy season. It could be easier in reverse. Alamo seems to be the best rental agency, but all the big chains are pretty much the same.

have fun,

Joe

2. Re: 2 Weeks in CR- Montezuma, Santa Teresa. Monteverde? Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:16