We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

I have been quoted $100 for transport from Liberia to Tamrindo. I am a guest of my family but this fare will break the bank. Any suggestions for safe travel (i.e. family run taxi service)?

I arrive into Liberia at 9:50 pm so it is a bit late

Many thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

Katie: If you are on a budget, just spend the night near the airport and take the public bus the next morning. This will save you about $60. Hotel Santa Ana is about 5 minutes from the airport and is simple but comfortable. You can get a single room for $40. (If you go there, ask if there is a discount for paying cash.) The bus from Liberia to Tamarindo passes right by the hotel and the staff can tell you how and where to get the bus.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

Not sure if you are arriving into LIR, or into Liberia town by some other transportation. If the former, there are plenty of shuttle services, prices range from $25 to $30 per person, although there is sometimes a 2 person minimum. The latter, I'd go with Hatties suggestion and spend the night in town, this is a great budget option:

http://www.higuanacaste.com/

www.xplorecostarica.com

www.ecotranscostarica.com

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

Simon - Good suggestions but as for shuttle - she is arriving at 9:50 pm so probably not possible.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 23:57
Liverpool, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

Simon and Hattie

Wow - many thanks for your really helpful replies, I really appreciate it.

I have never posted onto the trip advisor forum before, as I thought who would ever pick up my little queries - boy was I wrong - thanks to s for taking the time out to post.

It is LIR I arrive into and the timing is terrible. Your suggestions regarding a night in Liberia with travel in the morning makes sense; thus, any suggestions transport from the airport in at that hour.

Both my husband and I volunteered in Guatemala for a number of years; so there was always some one around for airport pick-ups or someone's brother/uncle was a taxi driver. I was hoping that I could locate something of a similar nature.

Many thanks again for your help and suggestions

Katie

5. Re: transportation from Liberia to Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:17