We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica

Looking for hotel info between Arenal and Osa Peninsula.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica

Sherry, you will have to give us a few more details. Your question is just too cryptic and lacking in information.

Do you mean: I am looking for a hotel in Arenal and a hotel in the Osa?

Or do you mean: I am looking for someplace to stay overnight when traveling from Arenal to the Osa?

If it's the second one, how are you planning on getting from Arenal to the Osa?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica

We will be traveling from Arenal to Osa and might want to overnight somewhere about half way. We understand it can be a 7-8 hr drive so not sure we want to drive that far in one day.

Thanks!

Sherry

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica

We are driving from our rental house at Lake Arenal to another rental house in the Osa Peninsula. Might want to overnight somewhere along the way and appreciate recommendations.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica

Do you have your heart set on driving? I'd consider flying on Nature Air or Sansa to save time. When we were on the Osa, we encountered trees across the road, construction, cows in the road, and streams to drive through. The roads were not in great shape.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica

There is no way you can make this drive in 7-8 hours; 10 hours is more likely, without much time wasted for pit stops. Thus you will definitively be looking for an accommodation somewhere in Dominical/Uvita area. Plenty of choices, and since it is only for one night ... I would stay at Hacienda Baru. They are located close to the road, nice maintained cabins, and if interested they are offering great early morning guided tours.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica

How long since you drove those roads? We've been told the roads are better now but you make me wonder if that is true?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica

After reading your comments, I'm having second thoughts about driving from Lake Arenal to Osa. We have never been to Costa Rica before and it sounds as if we should stay at Lake Arenal this time and plan to visit the Southern Pacific zone on a separate trip. Appreciate all additional information.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica

I would just fly down from the area. Check with Nature Air or Sansa for flights from Arenal to Osa and drop the rental off in Arenal. IMO that would be the way to go.

9. Re: Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:19