We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vamos car rental insurance questions

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vamos car rental insurance questions

Hi,

We are thinking of renting our 4x4 with Vamos, since they are cheaper and seem to get good reviews all around. I do have some questions about their insurance, since I am not familiar with car rental:

-Do their Full Coverage insurance covers for everything? Including theft, vandalism and scratches on the car due to bad roads?

-Are there any additional fees that we will have to pay when picking up the car at the airport?

Also, my boyfriend is comfortable with a manual car but he is a little worried about driving manual on bad roads. Should we really go for a (more expensive) automatic or do you think we can manage?

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
626 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vamos car rental insurance questions

Hey Irene,

we rented from them and the total was the exact amount on my quote...nothing added on. As for the insurance, there are some exclusions (flat tires) but I would suggest contacting them and they will provide you with whatever exclusions they have in their own contracts.

Go for manual - easier to drive on the dirt roads.

Enjoy!

lwbc

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vamos car rental insurance questions

Usually insurance does not cover tires, windscreens, the underside of the vehicle, the interior of the vehicle and anything else that you are likely to damage through carelessness. Do check with them though. Some companies offer extra top up insurance for windscreens and tires. If you can drive manual then don't hesitate in saving a few bucks by taking one. Have a great trip and do write back on the Vamos performance afterwards.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vamos car rental insurance questions

Thank you both! I think we'll go with Vamos then!

4. Re: Vamos car rental insurance questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:19