We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

Hello,

I will be visiting Costa Rica late June and want to to take a tour to Corcovado National Park. Would you suggest staying at La Leona Eco Lodge or Marenco Lodge. Which stay seems better for accessing a day in Corcovado. I'm a huge animal lover especially mammals and hoping to be lucky enough to see some of the diversity this park has. Thank you!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

You can't beat La Leona Lodge, it's less than a 5 minute walk to the La Leona park entrance. Very nice permanent tents next to the ocean, good food and staff. Saw a tapir on the trail behind the tents.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

La Leona offer a great location...nice trails...and a lot of wild life...

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

Thanks midori and roadadvisor!

Midori, wow, a tapir?! I love tapirs! I hope to be as lucky as you! Did you stay in the ocean view tents or the ones in the back?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

You're welcome Nature. I stayed in the oceanfront tents, actually the furthest away from the restaurant, at the end of the line. Yes a tapir, quite unexpected actually. One of the cooks was going to look for the owners dog and asked me and another guest if we wanted to join him. We weren't even in "looking for wildlife" mode, we were just talking and joking and then there it was! We woke it up from a nap. Very special experience. I also saw a cat walking back after dinner - unfortunately it proved to just be a very wayward house cat. :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

Dear nature...

You are WELCOME...yes OSA is just incredible anything can happen any time...

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

I'm super excited! Thank you both for responding and helping with the excitement.

7. Re: La Leona Eco Lodge or Punta Marenco Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:19