We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos from August 2011 trip

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Photos from August 2011 trip

Just in case anybody is interested in seeing what Costa Rica has on offer, here are some photos from our August 2011 trip to Costa Rica. Back then I have posted a longer report for whoever would like to get more info about places we have visited:

https:/…5877071747932301809

Thanks for viewiing, any C&C appreciated.

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

xelas, I always like to look at CR pictures. Thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

Great photos, Xelas, thanks. I like how you have captured some of the "essence" of Costa Rica.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

good pics. i love it when i see someone else's picture of a place i've been to and enjoyed as well, kinda confirms for me that i'm doing it right, not that there's a wrong way.

that colourful bar with the dangling hubcaps and mirror ball, near cabo matapalo

the two dudes on a motorcycle crossing the river, same area. here's how we did it https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

awesome pics xelas, but where is that bridge?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

The iron bridge is over Rio Grande de Terraba, just before PanAm meets Costanera Sur (if driving from Puerto Jimenez.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

Great photos Xelas, where did you see all those beautiful birds??

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

David, hummers were all taken at Paraiso del Quetzal in Cerro de la Muerte. Birds of prey and macaws between Puerto Jimenez and around Cabo Matapalo, same as most of the monkeys. However, Costa Rica is teeming with wildlife, everywhere you look you will find them.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

right! that bridge is in palmar. back in March instead of our usual drive along the costanera we turned right just after that bridge to follow the panam to sj. it's a beautiful drive as the road manners next to the terraba.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

right! that bridge is in palmar. back in March instead of our usual drive along the costanera we turned right just after that bridge to follow the panam to sj. it's a beautiful drive as the road meanders next to the terraba.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

Wonderful photos! Love the patchwork pavement!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Photos from August 2011 trip

Sonny, it is a nice drive, although I was not in a position to admire it as I was driving for the best part of the day already, coming from the mountains. Will repeat it this year driving toward San Vito.

Wefish, do you have any similar interesting drive (not pave is OK) in Santa Teresa area?