We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather- right now?

tel aviv
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather- right now?

Hi

we're arriving to CR tomorrow, gonna spend a couple of days in Manuel Antonio and Jaco area and then go to settle down at Santa Teresa are for about 2 weeks.

Does anyone know how is the weather? i read in tons of places how the weather is SUPPOSE to be during this time of year, but how is it actually?

thank you

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,879 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather- right now?

Looking out my window the afternoon clouds are rolling in to give us a bit of a sprtiz... And by this I mean it should be pouring down rain within the hour. BUT, I'm in the central valley and the weather near me is different than where you are going.

In general you will have good morning sunshine on into the afternoon with rain coming in around 2-3pm. Plan your activities in the mornings and you should be goldie.

Weather here is unlike anywhere I have ever lived, basically impossible to predict with any certainty. According to internet weather sites Costa Rica is under a constant deluge of rain which is far from the case. Have a blast on vaca.

Colorado
Level Contributor
398 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather- right now?

We just got back from Jaco yesterday. We were there 10 days at The Palms. Most mornings started partly cloudy until 6:30 or 7 a.m., then sunshine almost all day until 3 p.m. when clouds rolled in. Daytime highs around 85-90 Fahrenheit. Some days it started raining at 4 p.m., but other days not until 7 or 8 p.m. Rained on and off during the night, but didn't rain much at all during the daytime. We went to Manual Antonio last Tuesday. It was sunny all day until we left the park at 4 p.m., and then we drove in light rain on and off all the way back to Jaco. There was a strong storm last Wed. night. Hard rain and lightening… and the power went out for an hour or so. In some parts of Jaco, the power was out all night. The Palms has backup generators, so at least the ceiling fans worked...but the A/C did not. Overall, it was very pleasant. But that was last week… who knows about next week?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather- right now?

Saturday and Sunday in Jaco/Hermosa were partly cloudy, no rain, 90 degrees. Big storm came thru last night at midnight and it still sprinkling right now. Usually after these storms pass the weather is spectacular so let's hope that is the case for you! Have a great trip!

4. Re: Weather- right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:17