We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

Ness Ziona...
3 posts
Save Topic
Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

Hi all.

Me and my friend are having a trip to Central America starting at July. At about August we will arrive to CR from Panama. Our main idea is to get to start from the south of CR- from Corcovado National Park.

What is the best way to get there from Panama (Canoas??) and how to do it, and is it really worth the detour that it is causing?

After that the plan is to go Manuel Antonio-Monteverde-maybe Tortuguero- and then to San Jose- flight to Guatemala.

Overall two weeks in CR.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

I cannot answer most of your questions and not sure what you are planning for transportation but this link for buses within Costa Rica was shared by another Trip Advisor participant recently and appears to be a useful tool. www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

Enjoy your travel adventure.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,502 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

If you are planning to enter Corcovado from Puerto Jimenez side (less expensive but long hike in and out) then there is a ferry from Golfito to Puerto Jimenez. Corcovado NP is on list of any adventoures visitor to Costa Rica; is it worth the detour for you ... ?

Gainesville, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

I'm also going to be entering Costa Rica from Panama in early August. I'm heading up to David on the 1st of August. On the 2nd I'll make my way to the border, then Golfito, then Puerto Jimenez by boat.

My primary objective is to hike to La Sirena biological station and stay 2-3 nights in the park.

I'm looking into hiring a guide for the trek to the biological station; if you and your friend are willing to stay in the park from August 3 - 5th or 6th, we could split the cost of a guide.

As for Corcovado being worth the detour: I'm sure it will be. From what I've read, it's undoubtedly the single best park in Central America for seeing wildlife and one of the last large lowland rainforests remaining in the world. I visited Costa Rica 7 years ago and skipping Corcovado was my only regret. I'm making a huge detour from western Panama just to go there.

Send me a message ASAP if you're interested! I leave for Panama July 1 and it will be difficult to coordinate this once I'm there.

Ness Ziona...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

Firs of all thank you all.

Dominical-Dave- I have tried to use this web to find a bus but I cannot find departure from the border Canoas (which is the closest to Golfito).

xelas- we were planning to the take a ferry from Golfito to Puerto Jimenez. My question was how to get to Golfito in the first place.

Ranitomeya- that's good to hear, 'cause I was not sure if was worth it. Is there a direct bus from the border Cananoas to Golfito? if there is then it's all cool.

About your suggestion- we're not sure when do we arrive to CR, so I can't say for sure.

Have a nice trip.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

I can't remember if there it's a direct bus from canoas to golfito (99% sure that there is), but if there isn't, use this route canoas-rio claro-golfito.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

dor f on the bus schedule site you have to type paso canaos, not just canoas, then it'll give you the schedule.looks like two departures on weekdays. paso canoas is a very busy town with all types of characters so keep your baggage close at all times!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

You can take a bus from Panamerican highway. There are also several international bus services plying between San Jose and Panama city such as Tica times and Panaline. This is the fastest, comfortable and convenient way to go.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

I was able to get on and the bus from Pasa Canoas takes 1.5 hours. You might want to try again. This is the link I was able to get the information on. www.thebusschedule.com/EN/cr/index.php… and her is the original link. www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

Ness Ziona...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

Thank you very much you all. You were very helpful :)

10. Re: Our trip to Costa Rica- Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:15