We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days with two toddlers

California
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
8 days with two toddlers

I am looking at doing a trip in either December or March for 8 days ( depends on work getting the days off.). I have one year old twins who will be two right when I get back if we do March. I did the adventures stuff with my husband and went to San Manuel Antonio, Arenal, Monteverde and San Jose. I would go back to Arenal but could skip the others. Where would you go that doesn't have a lot of driving. I don't want to return to the airport to fly again either. Thanks!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days with two toddlers

Flying into Liberia would make the Guanaste beaches easier. Samara area is great for small children. I love the Caribbean coast but the weather isn't the best in December and it is around 4 hours drive.

California
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days with two toddlers

I looked into fly in from there but it is a lot more expensive and inconvenient with 5 hour or more layovers. it would be 20 hours in travel time versus 5 hours to San Jose straight through. To hard with the kids. It looks like we may do March so the weather won't be a factor.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days with two toddlers

You might look at doing the Central Valley - one of the nicer lodges like Villa Blanca, Peace Lodge, which are fairly close to the San Jose airport but offer a lot of nice activities including accessible ones for smaller kids, like soft hikes, Zoo Ave, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, etc. Arenal always has something to do there. Los Lagos is great for families...more standard accommodations but great onsite amenities with hot springs, animal exhibits and hiking trails. If you're looking for beach, the Jaco/Puntarenas area is the closest one to the SJO airport, and you have a huge variety of hotels. I like Club del Mar for families, because you have the option of condo style rooms with resort amenities including a pool, its out side of Jaco, away from the nightlife, but close to Carara national park, the Tarcoles river to cruise and see crocs, rainforest tram/gondola ride, and its just about 1.5-2hrs from the airport. Definitely not the only option, but the space of a one bedroom layout is nice with little ones who go to bed early and parents who don't.

4. Re: 8 days with two toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:16