We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Thunder Bay, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

This company offers travel packages at http://www.costaricatours.net

Has anyone booked with them, what was the experience like? I'm having trouble verifying they are legitimate other than their own website.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Never heard of them - so - I went to the website to see what's what. I checked on "About Us" first and found this:

"......Thanks to you. www.costaricatours.net is Costa Rica's #1 Tour Operator and Travel Services Provider...."

Well, no. That's just not true. So that made me wonder what else they get wrong?

For reputable and recommended travel agencies, take a look at CRReferrals, AnywhereCostaRica, XploreCosta Rica and Horizontes. All these are reputable agencies, well-known and with excellent reputations in Costa Rica.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Hi,

I just had to come on here and correct this review. We just returned from the Coast to Coast tour organized by Creative Tours and it was fantastic. Everything was as promised and our hotels were amazing. We even got free upgrades! I highly recommend this company.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Number one tour operator...???

Who???

Never ever heard anything from them...of course I will not be surprised if a hotelier will jump and said that they are great...of course looking for commisions...

Roadadvisor

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Daisy, very nice of you to take your time and post your (only ) info on TA. Really, some more data would support your claims much better. Where have you travel, what kind of hotels, costs, etc.

It is always an exaggeration when a traveler says that a driver or agent is the best in Costa Rica. But when the agency on its own web site is using such superlatives then it is worse then exaggeration.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Hi,

The tour started in San Jose then went to Tortugeuro, La Fortuna, Monteverde, and Manual Antonio. The hotels were all 4 stars. To ensure this company was legit I emailed the hotels Creative Tours had listed on the tour itinerary and they ensured me I was booking with a good company. They were 4 star hotels. We stayed at Mawamba lodge, volcano lodge, Fonda Vela, and La Maripossa respectively. The hotels we stayed at in San Jose were the Holdiay Inn upon arrival and the Best Western the night before our flight home. We were provided private transportation between every location with knowledgable drivers. All meals were included the first three days then only breakfast daily after that. The trip cost $2200 for two adults.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Thanks for additional details. How many days?

Livonia, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

This trip is 10 nights (not including her BW on the way back which was probably because of an early flight). We are going in November in paying slightly (not much) more after November 15th for a higher season. I too did some verification and everything appeared to check up. Except for San Jose (where they said the hotel could vary) all of the choices are the same. I liked this one because unlike many it is not a complete tour and involves no one but ourselves. costaricatours.net/destinations/ctca.html. The deposit cleared my credit card out of New Orleans.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Agreed with Xelas...100% ...with the folowing paragraph...

It is always an exaggeration when a traveler says that a driver or agent is the best in Costa Rica. But when the agency on its own web site is using such superlatives then it is worse the EXAGGERATION...

roadadvisor

Edited: 17 September 2013, 21:33
Corfu Town, Greece
Level Contributor
174 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

Does anyone have any more comments on this travel agency? I have posted a question about this a month ago, but then I thought its name was Costa Rica tours and recently I understood that the name is Creative tours.I have checked the list of agencies at the costa rica tourist board and it is in the list.Has any experienced traveller , member of TA travelled with this company recently? Although it is not nice for somebody to declare his is the best, the reality is that its packages are very good and if thehy are real, then it is ok.I am ready to travel with them so please, help!

Livonia, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Rica Tours/Creative Tours

We are going on a trip with them on November 18th. So far everything looks good, but if that is not too late, I will post a detailed response after our return.