We are a couple weeks away from our trip to CR. This will be the first time any of us are going there. We are staying in Punta Leona at a private villa, gated community. While trying to map our where we are, I cannot find us on the map. I guess since they say we are about 30 mins away from Jaco...I was using that as my benchmark.
Now we have 5 couples and each couple has 1 child (age ranging from 8 months - 4 yrs) and 2 of the mothers are pregnant. So I guess we had a couple of questions and would like any feedback / suggestions on things for us to do given the fact that lugging around kids / strollers / child seats, etc is not an easy task. We at a minimum want to plan out 3 days: one as a group, one for the ladies to go out and one for the men since someone has to stay home with the kiddies!
1. I was told my our management company to visit Manual Antonio National Park. Now would this be a full day event? I heard since its rainy season that it rains everyday starting around 2pm. If that's the case, should we only go half the day? If so, would we be able to cover much in terms of attractions there? I know they have a beach and tours. Not sure if we have time to do everything. Also, we are not renting a car since we were told that most of these tours provide transportation as well.
2. Ladies night out: any suggestions given we have 2 preggers?
3. Guys night out: the guys mentioned Hot Springs but I was told the closest one is 5 hrs away. That seems like a waste of an entire day if that's the case.
Any other things that's a must see in the area that is family friendly? I know we will be staying at the villa mostly since we have our own pool but would like to go to the beach a couple times if possible. Is it true that the closest beach is really rocky? Any recommendations on that front?
Are there any other things we need to be aware of?
- I was told water is good for drinking but since we have such young infants, would that be applicable to them or should we get a large supply of bottled water?
- Also how are the produce in the area? I know probably not organic but if they are local than it cannot be that bad. Looking to buy supply so that the kids can have fresh fruit and veggies to eat since they are all mostly on solids now.
- Any activity places for just kids? Do you recommend massage services that come to the private homes? Are those reliable?
- I saw a post about mosquitoes which is a big topic from my group since we have young kids. No doubt we will bring repellent but we mostly have the natural / organic repellent so have you heard weather those are even useful? DEET is harmful to the children so don't think that is an option.
- How's the weather besides the rain? Is it humid, really hot, breezy?
- Finally, my husband and I are renewing our vows so any recommendation on cakes, photographers, etc around the area? My mgmt company is doing some research but wanted to see if there are any recommendations out there.
Thanks so much in advance and sorry for the many questions.